Monday, July 16, 2012

Scientist turned CEO

This story appeared in The Star, Saturday, 14 July 2912.


This is a story of a scientist-turned-CEO. His name is Frank Appel. Okey, sorry. Dr Frank Appel. He hold a PhD in neurobiology but guess what? He is the CEO of DHL, an international logistic company.

I am inspired by his story because my story is somehow related to his story. In my case, I currently hold a master's in applied physics, and in a week or two, i will be joining a corporate world as a public relations officer. And in this case, my academic qualification is not at all related to the field that I am about to join.

Anyway, the story of Dr Keppel inspired me to keep walking in the path that i am now treading. Even though he has a very high academic qualifications (and not to mention that in this case, a PhD in neurobiology -- which in ordinary case, would not guarantee a C-level job) it doesn't mean that his future will be limited to universities and academic institutions; instead, he is now a respected CEO in the corporate world.

No comments:

Post a Comment